• Improve performance- Fix crash if all animations are deleted
  • Add new objects to the animation’s default object list

v0.2 is available HERE.

For v0.3 our main goal are:

• Code export
  • Linux build (OSX coming soon too)
11 Likes

Suggestions after testing:

• There’s no slider in the layout section. If the screen have many elements, you cannot access the lower ones
  • Add the possibility to add custom fonts to the design.
  • Add missing widgets
  • When grouping objects change their place.
  • Add CTRL+Z key shortcut for undo
  • There’s no option to change screen background
  • When entering text into label, when pressing TAB (\t) the field switches to next (cannot insert many TABs at the same time)

I think one user request this behavior to improve navigation in the toolbars. Maybe tabs can be used to jump to next property in numeric properties but not in text properties?
But I think that write “\t” on text properties not very common, it is?

1 Like

What do you mean by “layout section”?

These will come soon :slight_smile:

It’s really missing, thanks. We will add it.

Now the screen is very dumb but it would be really great to add styles to it.

TAB is LVGL is simily replaced by 2 spaces so IMO it’s not so useful to write tabs in a text.

This sounds great! What is your expected delivery frame for 0.3? Is it Q2, Q3, Q4 2021? or is it more like sometime 2022? I am debating on whether not I can utilize this for a commercial project that is planned for 2021.

v0.3 will be released in a few weeks.

However, the beta version is recommended for commercial projects. Still, anything can change in a newer version, and the beta still a little bit incomplete.

Nice work, we are curious and impatient for the next version.

I have been looking forward to this! :slight_smile:

I have a few questions: Is it open source? And if so, where?
What did you use to make the Windows Installer? It looks quite neat actually.
From what I could gather, Edgeline itself is written using Unity/Mono, which is pretty cool, this should make it cross-platform basically immediately. Nice work :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, no; Edgeline is going to be a closed-source product. However, it sounds like there will be a free version usable for some projects (though the exact restrictions are still unknown).

1 Like

I cant seem to sign in on the welcome screen to be able to use the software - I created my account linked via google, i hope this doesnt matter?

@Seb_Smith
Do you see any error messages?

it says incorrect username/password. I tried with both my username and email. Maybe i should try and create an account without linking to google?

How do you mean “linking Google”?

When I created my account earlier this morning it gave me the option of signing in via google. It then prefilled some fields. Maybe i should create another account without the google sign in…

Oh man… if it becomes a closed-source, premium customer only software, I’ll legitimately be salty about this. That would suck, honestly. :confused:

That is totally understandable… but think about this: for the last few years, @kisvegabor has continually maintained a high-quality, very flexible GUI library, whether by adding new features, fixing bugs, or providing support. All of this has been completely free. We can’t expect too much for free.

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter if google fills the form or you by hand. Please write me your email address in private and I’ll check it.

Definitely not for “premium customer only”. There will be a free version, a standard version with common features, and more expensive version with really premium features. So hobbyists and companies with small projects can also use EdgeLine very well.

Sorry for such a delay in response. By Layout Section I meant the list section of the screen that lists all the elements in your design (left, upper corner). If you add many objects to your design, at some point, you won’t be able to select some of them, because they will be outside the bonduaries of the list field.

Ah, true. We will fix it, thanks.