V0.1 beta is out

Would really like to try it out.
When clicking on the download link, AVG warns of a virus.
See attached image.

I can’t download the software. Does anyone have problem in downloading it?

Hi kisvegabor.

I installed the EE with not problems in my Inspiron i3, 8G RAM, 420G SSD under Windows10. I setup a screen with two panels and some widgets in each in not time, very easy. The only drawback is that, in my PC, drawing and adding new widgets takes a lot of time, a new widget takes 5 seconds in appears once added. Also, it looks like a lot of widgets are missing, I suppose they are under construction.

Wish list:

• add a configurable (ON/OFF and points distance) grid to align the objects in the panel
  • resize the objects from corners without losing the X Y relationship.

Great tool!

Best regards,

Thanks for the feedback. I think because there is no certificate on the installer and the exe.
We will add the certification for the next beta version.

1 Like

Do you see any error? It’s just a zip file on a regular webserver.
Maybe is it your antivirus software?

Uh, 5 seconds is really odd. The rendered image is sent to EdgeLine via a localhost port. It shouldn’t be that fast. Maybe it’s also an antivirus issue? Is it faster if you disable your antivirus software?

I agree with that

X/Y are kept according to the selected “Align” mode (see near to the width, height, x, y input fields.)

No installation problem with a new windows update. It’s look very good. How can I add local fonts in a project?

Thank you.

1 Like

I confirm, it is the antivirus (Avast)

1 Like

antivirus blocks the app and url. its strange didnt it?
interesting what have u done in app - that triggers AV.
i am working in C# in visual studio when i am developing app for windows, but ive never got such reaction from AV.

I think the binary doesn’t have a certificate on it, so it’s possible that the antivirus is more aggressive about checking such a binary.

Now only the built-in fonts can be used. A font manager will come in the upcoming versions.

Nothing extraordinary. An exe communicates with an other exe via a localhost socket.

Yes, it’s possible. It will be certified in the next version.

had tried, by far its working well waiting for the code generation stuff.

yes, why there is no code generation currently

We are still working on it.

v0.2 will be out next week and it will contain changes and fixes based on your feedback.
The code generation will be added in v0.3.

2 Likes

Will using the full version of Edgeline Editor be free ??

There will be a free version and paid version too for commercial use.

Hello,

Went to download the beta, as this looks promising. However, you need to be aware the upon attempting to download McAfee was very unhappy about something.

Rich

Do you see the same issue with the newer 0.2 beta?

The exe is not signet yet, so ant-virus software will warn about it . It will be signed in v0.3.