Tile view endless scroll?

Important: posts that do not use this template will be ignored or closed.

Before posting

• Get familiar with Markdown to format and structure your post
  • Be sure to update lvgl from the latest version from the master branch.
  • Be sure you have checked the relevant part of the documentation. We will not respond in detail to posts where you haven’t read the relevant documentation.
  • If applicable use the Simulator to eliminate hardware related issues.

Delete this section if you read and applied the mentioned points.

Description

i making a smartwatch GUI. require endless scroll screen. i think tileview is the best widget fit to my requirement.
but i don’t know ho to make it scroll.
i mean, example i have 3 screen, s1, s2 and s3. when reach to s3 i want scroll back to s1.
… S3 <-> S1 <-> S2 <-> S3 <-> S1 …

What MCU/Processor/Board and compiler are you using?

simulator

What LVGL version are you using?

v7.4.0

What do you want to achieve?

i make 3 screen, when scroll reach to s3, scroll to s1.
… S3 <-> S1 <-> S2 <-> S3 <-> S1 …

What have you tried so far?

i try with tabview and tileview. i didn’t found any related question when search with google.
i workaround with set lv_tileview_set_tile_act when drag_begin in S3. it can jump to S1 but not meet the requirement (S3 to S1 with animation).
thank you

Code to reproduce

Add a code snippet which can run in the simulator. It should contain only the relevant code that compiles without errors when separated from your main code base.

The code block(s) should be formatted like:

/*You code here*/

Screenshot and/or video

If possible, add screenshots and/or videos about the current state.

The tileview doesn’t support infinite scrolling.

@guoweilkd appears to have designed a new version of the tileview that does support this feature here, however, there is no code available at the moment.

thank you for reply.
how about tabview ? can tabview infinite scrolling ?
base on your plan, when will you release the infinite scrolling version ?
many thank your hardwork. :heart_eyes:

The tabview doesn’t support infinite scrolling at the moment either. It’s not the first time we’ve been asked about the feature - the main reason it isn’t implemented is because a full implementation requires extra logic to redraw objects at the beginning and end of the tabview. Currently we’re focused on streamlining the widget selection for the long term so I don’t see this being implemented within the next 3-6 months.

1 Like