Setup LVGL in a simulator with 4 clicks in 2 minutes

Hi,

I’ve set up GitHub Codespace for LVGL. With this you can create, test, develop, build UIs with LVGL in an online VSCode editor. The result UI will be shown in VSCode too as a HTML file. All these are free for 30 hours per month (with the default 4 CPU core server)

All this takes only 4 click and 2 minutes assuming that you are already at the lvgl repo :slight_smile:

• 1st click: Click on the Code button: image

• 2nd click: Click on the Codespaces tab

• 3rd click: Click the Create Codespace on master button:

• Wait a minute while the workspace is setting up

• Drag build_all.sh file to the Terminal and press enter (I considered it as one click :slightly_smiling_face: ) You can also just type ./build_all.sh into the Terminal.

• Wait a minute while LVGL is compiling

• Enjoy! :blush:

How does it work on your end?

Do you have any ideas how to start build_all.sh with a “real click”? :smiley:

4 Likes

First of all, thank you for your great effort. I stumbled accross your project when making the first steps for LVGL. I successfully could follow all your steps to setup the environment.

Now, wenn I try to run the project, I get this error
The path to the compiler for one or more source files was not found in the CMake cache. If you are using a toolchain file, this probably means that you need to specify the CACHE option when you set your C and/or C++ compiler path

and in the output I notice
[cmake] – Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM

What am I missing to do?

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve just tried it out and it worked well for me. Could you try it again by creating a new codespace?

2 Likes