Introducing LVGL's UI editor - Edgeline

Sounds like a good idea. We are thinking about it!

How does it generate the creation of widgets in application? Is the UI editor generate C code or will it be based on some command /script data ?

Will EdgeLine released today?

3 Likes

It will generate C code and later Python.

1 Like

We still have some bugs, so we still need some days.
I’ll keep you updated here!

1 Like

Hi,

The beta is out! :slight_smile:

See this post:

2 Likes

on the summary version of your post, the link doesn’t work (v1_0)
on the expanded version it works (v0_1)

working link…
https://lvgl.io/assets/edgeline/EdgeLine_v0_1_beta.exe

Thanks, fixed!

Hi all,

This is a really great tool for rapid development! Downloaded the tool this morning and started to create an example project to explore the possibilities and functions of Edgeline. The graphics of edgeline itself looks great. I was wondering, since lvgl is opensource, is the edgline software also opensource?? In the installation process it tells me this is a ‘trial’ version, which let me think it is a commercial payed product? Also i can’t figure out how to export the design to C code? there is nowhere a button for it or in the menu. Are all these features hidden because it is a trial?

I am pretty sure EdgeLine is going to stay closed-source. What we have heard so far suggests that it will be a commercial product with a limited free version available.

This is planned but is not available yet in the initial beta.

I tested the beta today. It is beautifully designed. Any interface can be designed in a very short time. We have been waiting for such a design program for a long time. Hopefully it would be free for non-commercial use. And please don’t exaggerate the price for high resolution applications.

Edgeline will be really close sourced.

Our policy is to get money if you also make money with your product.
Therefore we are planning 3 plans:

• Free: limited number of screens/widgets, some features and disabled, not for commercial use
  • Standard: very cheap (monthly or yearly subscription), some limitation but commercial use is ok
  • Professional: still cheaper than the competitors, no limitations
1 Like

What’s your best estimate for a release date (beta version or V1.0 release) that could be used for a real (commercial) 480x800 pixel project?

We are adding features incrementally. I can’t say an exact date now but I’ll keep you updated.

Hi @kisvegabor, I see that ejecutable of program beta is .exe. Edgeline is only for Windows? I’m using Linux for that I questions

It will be cross-platform. We are working on the Linux and OSX versions.

so after User design done, we can get the lvgl ui code
directly ,am I right ?

Exactly! :slight_smile:

We hope to open up character resources so that we can localize the program interface.