Create Phasor Diagram

Thanks for the update @kdschlosser , for the next days even if the code its not perfect but it’s working, send me all so i can test and try, maybe i can help with these types of difficulties you had recently

i am kind of working on 2 things at the same time. This phasor meter because of how it has to be rendered uses some advanced features in LVGL. This is great because it allows me to run tests against another project I am working on which is writing a binding between CPython and LVGL. Unless you have a really good working knowledge of Python and also CFFI there really isn’t going to be a huge amount of help you can give.

I also have the inlaws visiting in the next couple of days so I had to clean up the house (which is in the middle of a remodel). That’s a lot of cleaning I will tell you. friggin dust EVERYWHERE!. I had to close up some holes as in the entire kitchen, dining and loving room having no floor, and get some tile put down.

Needless to say I have not had the time that I wanted to put into this. I had to get those things done. My wife’s mom doesn’t provide a whole lot of notice when she decides to visit and it ends up making me scramble to get things done.

I went from this

to this

in a pretty small amount of time considering I am the only person doing the work.

1 Like

Really nice @kdschlosser !! Hope we can know each other in the future so you can show me that work! (I’m from italy).

However, thank you for your work and your patience!
I await for your news!

I wanted to give you this. You can start off with converting it. I will make changes to it but the bulk is going to stay the same.

phasor_meter.py.txt (28.4 KB)

@kdschlosser thank you! From the start of next week i’ll be working on it!!

no worries m8

That code is not 100% complete but it will at least get you going in the right direction. There are still some glitches I have to work out.

OH I also added a bonus in there as well. It will also graph voltage drop on a phase if you tell it what the max amperage is and test the voltage with little to no load. It will use that as the way to calculate the projected drop at 80% load.

Awesome man!! I’ll have to do some things for university this week but when i’m done i’ll implement your code ad give you a feedback!

(If you’ll update the code during this week no worries because i’ll start from the next)

Thank you!! :raised_back_of_hand::facepunch:

hey @kdschlosser got any news? i’ve been studying for exams these days, so i could not get the phasor diagram working, i’m starting now.

Did you update the code or is it the same from the last message you sent me?

I have not had the chance to do anything with it. In-laws came to visit, my fridge went bad while they were here and I had to deal with that. and my wife volunteered my services to inspect one of her friends parents new/used RV which I have had to work on to make it safe and also work on their vehicle that is pulling the thing in order to get it up to snuff. There was a deadline to all of this which is today and I still have a bunch of crap I have to do to the thing. crunch time is what it is. Once I am past this RV thing I have to finish writing the code that controls the water pump in my car so I can get that thing to have an emissions text and get it registered. after that i will have time to spend.

I went from busy to insanely crazy busy really fast. once I get my car done I will have time to mess with it more.

@kdschlosser thank you for your fast reply! however, i think i’m gonna study your code from the very basis, so it will take me some time considering the other exams i have to do.
See you soon!!