Create an image file with screenshots

Hi,
Is it possible to create an image file containing the screenshot of the page in use?
Do you have any examples to recommend?

Thanks
Walter

I think you can make flag f.e. bool needScreenShot = false; and if it flag set - copy disp_drv.buffer in disp_drv.flush_cb() function to screenshot buffer. Then save this buffer to … file?

Screenshots are not supported natively right now, but an approach similar to what was described by @spider_vc should work.

• Have a screenshot flag in your driver and set it to true.
  • Call lv_obj_invalidate(lv_scr_act()) to force the entire screen to be redrawn.
  • As you receive portions of the display in your flush_cb callback, store them to the correct locations in a buffer.
  • When drawing finishes (you can detect this with monitor_cb) save the finished buffer as an image. BMP is probably the easiest but this is largely up to you.

There is no built-in solution in LVGL to do this as many platforms don’t have enough RAM to store the finished screenshot in one piece. They thus need to save the portions to a file gradually, or send it to a host computer for further processing where there is more RAM available.

Look like I describe same method :crazy_face:

What resources do you have on your board, SD card? Sufficient RAM to hold an entire screen? Any serial or USB link to a computer?

The solution will depend on what you have but as mentioned, the trick is to force a full rendering and then capture the rendering request(s).

If your configuration is no SD, insufficient RAM and some serial/USB link to a computer, I can point you to what I did.

LVGL screenshot - My projects - LVGL Forum