VS2019 LNK2001 Error

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to the LVGL however trying to follow the tutorial series and forums. I’m having a simulation problem on fonts and icons. I did every step the tutorial follows and checked my code and everything yet the VS2019 gives me a linker error (LNK2001) when i try to add my generated .c file from fontawesome and LVGL font generator. I used LV_FONT_DECLARE(arrows_20); command to call it to my style tab but the error occured.

I have searched the forum topics but couldn’t find anything related. I am stucked and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kaan

Maybe look at the cmake file. Make sure your font .c file is selected there. Not sure this will work but just a suggestion.

Thank you for your interest. I guess the error is occured because of the main file. The VS2019 forces the main to compile it as a cpp file. So i wasn’t able to add .h files without linker errors. However, i changed the .cpp to .c and .h files are now included without any linker issues. But this time the simulator’s command prompt tells me there is an error as follows;

Checked the web but again nothing worked!

For the record,

I’ ve found out what caused that. VS19 tries to compile the project as it is a .cpp file. There was a problem at the very beginng which is actually the main.cpp wasn’t able to include my written .h files and i basically made a mistake by including written .c file. I didn’t really care about that as long as it worked but at some point this things can be a headache and make it harder to find out. However when it needs to link multiple files like fonts, images etc. the VS gave linker errors. Very quick solution that i made is to modify my written .h files with extern C command. That way you only need to include the header then you can call the function you wrote.

I know its a very beginner mistake to be made but lack of programming experience led this to happen :slight_smile: