Update LVGL 9.0 to 9.1

Description

I’ve updated my Lvgl from V9.0 to V9.1 since I was running in some issues with adding custom images.
However, now that I exchanged all the files I’ve gotten an error with “lv_coord_t” that it apparently can’t find that variable and also “lv_disp_t” is an unknown type name.

What MCU/Processor/Board and compiler are you using?

ESP32-S3 with custom board

What LVGL version are you using?

9.0 → 9.1

What do you want to achieve?

Build succesfully

What have you tried so far?

Googling

Code to reproduce

Add a code snippet which can run in the simulator. It should contain only the relevant code that compiles without errors when separated from your main code base.

The code block(s) should be formatted like:

C:/Users/MYNAMEr/Documents/VSCODE_Software/XXX_Display_V9_1/components/lvgl/src/core/lv_indev_scroll.c:569:72: error: unknown type name 'lv_coord_t'; did you mean 'lv_color_t'?
  569 | static lv_coord_t elastic_diff(lv_obj_t * scroll_obj, lv_coord_t diff, lv_coord_t scroll_start, lv_coord_t scroll_end,
      |                                                                        ^~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                                        lv_color_t
C:/Users/MYNAME/Documents/VSCODE_Software/XXX_Display_V9_1/components/lvgl/src/core/lv_indev_scroll.c:569:97: error: unknown type name 'lv_coord_t'; did you mean 'lv_color_t'?
  569 | static lv_coord_t elastic_diff(lv_obj_t * scroll_obj, lv_coord_t diff, lv_coord_t scroll_start, lv_coord_t scroll_end,
      |                                                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                                                                 lv_color_t

Can someone help me? I’m stuck on this issue…
@kisvegabor

Hey, this sounds like a update issue, when you changed to the 9.1 you used the git to do that or you downloaded an copied ?

Hi thanks for your answer!
I didn’t have it as a git repo before so I just downloaded the files and replaced them… what method do you suggest?

its more safe if you have the LVGL as git repo or submodule, i think your problem is because you copied them in the wrong way and have now 2 version mixed, i recommend you delete all the files from LVGL and clone the repo from github in the desired version.

Also the problem you showed is because in the v9.0 lv_coord_t was changed to just int32_t you can see more changes here in the changelog of the v9.0.

Hmm really seems like I’ve already had a mixture of versions before because if i go for the version info it shows me this:

My problem is I’ve got the code and am just implementing another UI…
I’ll try to update to the 9.1 now with your suggested method.

Thanks so far!

1 Like