Some progress of porting LVGL v9 to UEFI environment with only 32 MiB memory

In recent days, I have tried to port LVGL v9 to the UEFI environment because I want to create a WebAssembly Virtual Machine scheduler for bare-metal Hyper-V Generation 2 Virtual Machine which is a UEFI Class 3 environment. I hope to use LVGL v9 as the graphic stack for my goal. This is why I do that.

When I finished porting LVGL v9 to the UEFI environment, I tried to run LVGL v9 Benchmark Demo under a Hyper-V Generation 2 Virtual Machine with only 32 MiB memory. Here are some screenshots about that.

Note: For a virtual machine with the UEFI firmware, the minimal memory that can power on properly is 96 MiB for VMware, 64 MiB for KVM/QEMU, and 32 MiB for Hyper-V.

Here is also a memory map from my streamlined version of UEFI Shell running under the same Hyper-V Generation 2 Virtual Machine with only 32 MiB memory. I don’t use the standard version of UEFI Shell because it will be out of memory with only 32 MiB memory. The green items are available memory with fragmented a lot and only 2,535,424 bytes in total.

Kenji Mouri

3 Likes

UEFI-based keyboard input support is ready.

Mouse input support will start after finishing the Hyper-V Hypervisor Abstraction Layer because Hyper-V Generation 2 Virtual Machines don’t have UEFI pointer protocol support.

Kenji Mouri

2 Likes

Woooow, amazing as always! This performance is unbelievable. :star_struck: