LVGL on the ESP-IDF ecosystem

[Following the discussion from here]

So we wanted to add an example of LVGL on the main ESP-IDF repository (I don’t know how hard it could be to do that), but I just remembered that LVGL is already available on the esp-iot-solutions repo, but it haven’t been updated in a while.

So maybe it better/easier to get the version of lvgl on that repo up to date and do a blog post about how to set up a project using the esp-iot-solution + esp-idf for a ESP32 kit.

What do you think @kisvegabor @embeddedt ?

I’ve seen that this is a frequent issue with that repository. Occasionally they do update LittlevGL, but it quickly falls out of date as it doesn’t incorporate new bugfixes.

I suppose that someone needs to take on the responsibility of updating that project every month or so.

I will try to replicate some of the issues posted over there and do a PR to fix them, if after that all the issues are solved I can update the project periodically.

Just cloned the esp-iot-solutions repo and it’s broken, even when following the README instructions…

CMake Error at /home/me/esp/esp-iot-solution/submodule/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:25 (include):
include could not find load file:

components

Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:19 (include)

– Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version “2.17.1”)
CMake Error at /home/me/esp/esp-iot-solution/submodule/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:28 (include):
include could not find load file:

idf_functions

CMakeLists.txt:19 (include)

CMake Error at /home/me/esp/esp-iot-solution/submodule/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:57 (idf_set_global_variables):
Unknown CMake command “idf_set_global_variables”.
CMakeLists.txt:20 (project)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
[195/809] Building C object spi_flash/CMakeFiles/spi_flash.dir/flash_ops.c.obj
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
ninja failed with exit code 1

Lets learn bout CMake then…