- Hello world
- Is it possible to provide packages for MicroPython / LVGL ?
- I am working with ESP32 on FreeBSD.
- Installing whole IDF SDK is painful.
- There seems to be automated builds on the GitHub.
- It would be really nice to just download lv mp package, put it on a target board, and focus on a project
- ESP32 (WROOM/MINI, DevKit, PICO on M5StickC+ / M5StickC).
- ESP32-C3 (WROOM/MINI, DevKit).
- Download LVGL MicroPython Package for ESP32 and ESP32-C3.
- import lvgl.
- Develop my project.
- No LVGL build from the sources.
- Building LVGL from sources using ESP IDF.
- On FreeBSD this is painful and troublesome.
- I am playing with NuttX, Zephyr, mbed, etc on FreeBSD with no problem (I even made esp Linux compilers work on FreeBSD).
- RTOS is known to be extremely time consuming and troublesome (sometimes I have to fix several dependencies for things to work).
- I have found MicroPython a perfect solution for Rapid-Prototyping of hardware projects where “things just work”^TM.
- You can use MicroPython even on a bare machine with just Python virtualenv.
- I am really surprised that there are no pip-like LVGL packages provided for MicroPython (yet).
- If I have to setup whole RTOS SDK and build LVGL I prefer to use RTOS. MicroPython makes no sense here.
- I do not need whole MicroPython build, just a LVGL packages to work on a bare ESP32(-C3) MicroPython release.
upip install lvglor
cp lvgl target:/libwould be a perfect solution here
- My FreeBSD related setup patches to ESP IDF are available only since v4.4. This version does not build the lv_mp sources. Lower IDF versions does not work correctly here. Having binary lvgl packages for MicroPython (ESP32/ESP32-C2 target) is the only way.
- At this point in time also (so called) Unix port of LVGL+MP does not build on FreeBSD as it has some
linux/fb.hhardcodes. I will have to fix that but it will take time too.
- Repository lv_micropython does not build on macOS too
- Please consider providing binary packages of LVGL for MicroPython targets ESP32 and ESP32-C3 (maybe others too). Thank you