Lv_platformio_win

Hi,

I saw the lv_platformio github ( https://github.com/littlevgl/lv_platformio ) while I was working on a similar project ( VSCode + PlatformIO with Native Windows SDL ). I tried to adapt the lv_platformio to my project and it did work fine, it allows to use MSVC+SDL+lv_arduino in Windows (no need for MinGW) and PlatformIO+lv_arduino with a single VSCode project workspace, I published on github if anyone else is interested .

This project uses M5Stack as the ESP32 device but can be easily changed to any other ESP32+LCD.

1 Like

Screenshot:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!
I’m not an expert in Platformio, but I’d be curious about what would it be required to add Windows support (as an environment?) to lv_platformio too?

cc @puzrin

1 Like

You’re welcome, thank you too for LittlevGL!
I’m not an expert in Platformio either, I think they have windows_x86 as an enviroment for sometime but I never used, looks like it runs on MinGW, GCC and Python.
I was already using and liking the VSCode CPP Extension so I went with this route of a hybrid project workspace where both extensions co-exist.

Okay, thank you!

Let’s see what @puzrin says. (he works mostly on the lv_platformio repo)

In theory, that should not depend on platform anyhow - pio properly detects and installs everything needed.

The only difference is external SDL dependency. If it’s difficult (not convenient) to install SDL on win - then in worth publish headers and bin build as separate package. After it works for win - add small python script to ignore that package for non win platform.