Currently user should care too much about groups, and unwanted tight coupling with driver exists (need driver pointer to update group change). I suggest use web approach, where “participation in grouping” is defined by tabindex and group is calculated automatically from layout.
User will see 3 simple methods:
- lvgl has no keyboard-like [input device] evens layer (already discussed, when i had to hack missed auto-repeat). Currently those are mocked via fake buttons, but that’s too primitive (and not beautiful).
- Need to decide how to prohibit next/prev for end/start of lists. I think with can be done via custom event handlers (prohibit event propagation), to avoid extra attributes in each object.
- This MAY conflict with existing navigaion approach. Need to check web “accessibility” specs about keyboard navigation, and think how to re-adjust.
I did not created issue, because to many uncertain things for now. But:
- This part of lvgl look suspicious (don’t reuse web accessibility rules).
- Tight coupling with driver is a pain.
- “Fixing” will be the notable breaking change.
May be, this can live “as is” for some time. But it worth to discuss at least. I don’t think it worth schedule for v8. But, may be, for v9 or v10.