Keyboard input not working?

Hi,

I’m trying out LVGL and I’m having some trouble getting the keyboard integration to work. When I build the demo application using the SDL driver, everything is working fine. But when I switch to the wayland or fbdev+evdev/libinput driver, the keyboard input does not seem to work. When I move to one of the input fields in the application, the on-screen keyboard appears, and I can input text using the on-board keyboard. But when pressing a key on the keyboard, nothing seems to happen.

I have enabled the necessary driver options (USE_WAYLAND, USE_EVDEV, USE_LIBINPUT, USE_XKB) and use the correct /dev/input/eventX devices for the mouse and keyboard.

When adding some extra logging to the keyboard read function, I can see it’s being called and the pressed keys are also being read correctly:

[Error]	(4.338, +35)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)
[Error]	(4.372, +34)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)
[Error]	(4.406, +34)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)
[Error]	(4.437, +31)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)
[Error]	(4.467, +30)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)
[Error]	(4.503, +36)	 _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: _lv_wayland_keyboard_read: key=111 state=0 	(in wayland.c line #2172)

But I don’t see any effect in the application. What am I doing wrong?

Jef