I haven’t been able to dedicate much time to the issue, but after building lv_micropython 1.17 and successfully getting the advanced demo to run I noticed that the touchscreen was in need of calibration (more than 20px off-target). I tried multiple times to run tpcal.py but the same parameters that work for the advanced demo don’t work for tpcal.py. The ILI9341 320x240 screen shows the circle and the text, but also a scrolling bar that shouldn’t be there, and the text is clipped. Additionally, it doesn’t seem to detect any touches at all, while the advanced demo does.
Any ideas? I haven’t researched enough to fully understand how TPCAL is calling lvgl, which I suppose is part of the problem, but I kinda wanted to have the board initialized correctly before starting to really work with it…
Actually this is an open issue.
When converting examples to v8 I haven’t had the time to fix this problem.
Currently I’m a bit busy with other things but I hope to get to that in the future.
If you would like to help fixing this, please feel free to open a PR!
Here is the GitHub issue:
I cannot guarantee I will have time to do it (ESP32 stuff is the lowest on my priority list) but if it’s not done by the time I get more time (in a couple of weeks) I might take a crack at it. And the same with porting the benchmark demo. I was looking for it to show a friend that micropython wasn’t that slow and found it it was never ported.