I am having some success using this version of lvgl using these settings in steps 4 and 5 of the “Get Started” instructions in the README.md:
LVGL configuration —>
(320) Maximal horizontal resolution to support by the library.
(240) Maximal vertical resolution to support by the library.
(125) DPI (Dots per inch in px).
LVGL TFT Display controller —>
Display orientation (Portrait inverted)
Select a display controller model. (ST7789)
[*] Use custom SPI clock frequency.
Select a custom frequency. (80 MHz)
Display Pin Assignments —>
(9) GPIO for MOSI (Master Out Slave In)
(15) GPIO for CLK (SCK / Serial Clock)
[*] Use CS signal to control the display
(11) GPIO for CS (Slave Select)
[*] Use DC signal to control the display
(13) GPIO for DC (Data / Command)
(16) GPIO for Reset
[*] Enable control of the display backlight by using an GPIO.
(6) GPIO for Backlight Control
YMMV as this is only half-baked.