How to properly manage a layout

What exactly does this mean? Did you run the program? Does it exit cleanly? Does a window appear?

Sorry for the vagueness. It was displaying a strange lime-greenish color and never returned as though it was hung.

I had something wrong in my environment, but I’ve gotten it pointing to the correct debugger and toolchain now and I am able to get the default demo application to run. I’ll work adding my code next.

Ok, I’ve gotten my code running in the simulator, and I’m able to change the button sizes to my heart’s content. That’s positive, but it’s left me with some questions as to why this is failing in my target device.

I think it’s safe to rule out the lvgl code as the culprit, but this does leave me scratching my head as to what the issue actually is. I’m going to try to put some debug information into my driver to see if there is anything questionable going on in there.

I struggle to understand how this could be an issue with my driver unless it’s causing my encoding algorithm to freak out, or if there’s an issue with the USB transfers, but it doesn’t seem to follow any logical path back to my driver.

In any case I really appreciate the help thus far, and I’ll let you guys know what I find!

1 Like

Well, the good (and bad - at least for me) news is that I have traced down a problem in my driver. I’ve started work on a fix, but I’ve run into an issue I am not sure how to fix as of yet. I also have a fire that’s come up with another project I think I’m going to have to fight, so I may not get back to this in the near future.

Thanks for all your help thus far! I am feeling a lot more confident about getting this going as soon as I can squash this bug in my driver.

Let us know if you want any help!

Thanks, but unless you’re offering assistance on debugging a kernel driver I think this one is on me! :slight_smile:

Fortunately I believe I have found the ‘what,’ now I’m working on the ‘why’ and ‘how’ to fix it. I think I am in good shape moving forward!

1 Like