I am trying to show a GIF on a display using LVGL. but the screen is always white.
ESP32 and ESP32S3
show a GIF on a display
- Made LVGL run on the ESP32 and displayed a widget without any issues
- Downloaded 2 GIFs. 1 from the LVGL example page for gifs and one from google
- converted both Gifs using the online LVGL image converter as well as cloning the image converter git repo. So i was with 4 C array files. 2 converted with online tool and other 2 with the git repo version. (I have selected the RAW format just like the example suggested)
- followed the instruction on the LVGL docs example and created an gif widget.
- Pushed the firmware with each C array. (So each firmware version had only 1 C array. So i have tried all 4 C arrays in 4 different times)
- But nothing on the screen.
Add a code snippet which can run in the simulator. It should contain only the relevant code that compiles without errors when separated from your main code base.
The code block(s) should be formatted like:
LV_IMG_DECLARE(compatible_gif); static lv_obj_t *img; img = lv_gif_create(lv_scr_act()); lv_gif_set_src(img, &compatible_gif); lv_obj_align(img, LV_ALIGN_LEFT_MID, 20, 0);