FT81X GPU drawing

Hello, I am trying to use the Eve ft81x GPU’s to draw in LVGL V9 without using the lv_draw_sw and draw buffer, instead using the commands of the GPU itself through Spi.

The progress:
-Rects with radius and opa.
-Outlines.
-Border.
-Lines.
there are still some bugs to fix…

I continue working to add images and fonts.:grimacing:

I’m not sure if it’s appropriate not to use the draw buffer and I don’t know if it’s the goal of lvgl.

Hi!

It’s very nice!

In LVGL v9 we rework how “draw units” (i.e. render engines) can be added to LVGL. In v9 it will be much simpler an cleaner to add FT81X too. So it’d be amazing to add into LVGL, but please let’s wait a little bit with it :slight_smile:

Hi Gabor :grimacing:!

thank you very much. let’s wait for the new updates

Curious if you continued this effort? Very interested to help contribute to getting this working!

"Hello yes! I am still working on it. In the next few days, I will share the repository.":ok_hand::smiley:

Thank you! If you want to share it privately, my account is capricorn-one · GitHub

Would really just like to see how you got started… the documentation on the new API is pretty lacking, not really sure where to start.

Hello, here I share the progress, there are still details to be finalized. But overall, it works well. It needs to be tested on different hardware. I have only tested it with an FT813 display on two platforms (Arduino Teensy 3.6 and Infineon Aurix TC375). It is necessary to emphasize that all functionality is limited by the display hardware, specifically by the display list size, so visualization errors may arise, for example, when using long strings of text.

Short Video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XNW7W6pYUA