Files for esp32 boards using micropython

Hello!

I’ve been reading the docs but I can’t get my head around what program/library files to put on my ESP32 and where to put them.

I’m running a Pycom ESP32 which is already set up and is receiving data from other boards.
I have an ili9341 screen to display the data.
I have my main.py, boot.py, lv_conf.h files and lib folder already in the root of the device.
I’ve set up a display using Edgeline and have exported some python code named Testboard.py. (I don’t know what to do with this)

I have read I also need a gen_mpy.py file (I don’t understand where to put this or where to call this from) and a driver file. Anything else?
Can someone point me in the right direction where to go from here?

Any help is much appreciated thank you!

Hi @Campbell_Duncan !

First step is to build lv_micropython and to flash your device.

From your post it’s not clear whether you did that or not.

lv_conf.h and lib files are used to build the firmware, you don’t need them in the root of your device.

Where did you read this?

gen_mpy.py is used internally when building the firmware to generate the binding code between LVGL and Micropython. You don’t need to put it anywhere.

Thanks very much.
I was way off base with how to use lvgl. (probably still am)
If I create a setup in Edgeline and export a python code, does that mean I don’t need to worry about the gen_mpy.py and the lv_conf.h?
If this is the case, do I rename the exported python file to lv_micropython?

Thanks again!

No.

To run LVGL with Micropython you need special firmware.
Please build lv_micropython and flash it to your device.
Then you could use the Python files generated by Edgeline on your device.

Note that latest lv_micropython is aligned with LVGL v8 but Edgeline only supports v7 (as far as I know).
So you would either need to modify your Python files to match v8, or sync to release/v7 of lv_micropython.