Failed to resolve component xxx

The lv_micropython build on esp-idf v5.1 fails with the following error:

CMake Error at /Users/dhruv.pandey/Personal/esp-latest/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:266 (message):
  Failed to resolve component 'esp_adc_cal'.

Not just this, the lv_micropython is using lot of deprecated components like mdns, tcp_ip adapter.

Here it mentions that esp_adc_cal is now esp_adc. But how to fix?

lv_micropython is aligned to latest Micropython release (v1.20.0), where esp-idf v5 is not supported yet.

Hi
I am having the same problem.
I checked out version 5.0.2 of IDF since it is the latest supported by MicroPython but I keep getting

CMake Error at /home/dvbit/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:245 (message):
  Failed to resolve component 'esp_adc_cal'.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/dvbit/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:281 (__build_resolve_and_add_req)
  /home/dvbit/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:282 (__build_expand_requirements)
  /home/dvbit/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:574 (__build_expand_requirements)
  /home/dvbit/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:447 (idf_build_process)
  CMakeLists.txt:67 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/dvbit/esp-idf/lv_micropython/ports/esp32/build-LOLIN_C3_MINI/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
HINT: The component esp_adc_cal could not be found. This could be because: component name was misspelled, the component was not added to the build, the component has been moved to the IDF component manager or has been removed and refactored into some other component.
Please look out for component in 'https://components.espressif.com' and add using 'idf.py add-dependency' command.
Refer to the migration guide for more details about moved components.
Refer to the build-system guide for more details about how components are found and included in the build.

when executing:

make -C ports/esp32 LV_CFLAGS="-DLV_COLOR_DEPTH=16" BOARD=LOLIN_C3_MINI

No the latest version of MicroPython does NOT support ESPIDF 5.0.

The latest release was made on Apr 26 and the updates to support ESPIDF 5.0 were not made until June or July I cannot remember which. bit it was still after the last release was made.

It is too hard to keep the binding updated with the development version of MicroPython. This is due to the large number of changed they make before releasing it.