Combine two fonts within a same label text?

Hey there,

I’m trying to setup icofont in my project because of the awesomefont limits (in their free plan you miss lots of important icons) so I’ve followed the procedure to incorporate a new font by using the online tool.

However, now if I apply that font as a style for a label, the normal letters disappear. As I guess this is because it no longer finds standard ASCII/latin character at all.

For example, before including icofont I was able to generate a tabview label with both an icon and a text directly using:

lv_tabview_add_tab(tabview, LV_SYMBOL_SETTINGS " Settings");

And it generates a label with the default fontawesome icon and then the “Settings” text just near to it.

However, once changing the font using a custom style, the icon appear but no longer the “Settings” text:

LV_FONT_DECLARE(icofont);

lv_style_init(&style);
lv_style_set_text_font(&style, &icofont);
lv_obj_add_style(tabview, &style, 0);
lv_tabview_add_tab(tabview, "\xEE\xA2\xA7" " Settings");

Is it possible to add more fonts to the same label so that it will search through the list of fonts for a specific glyph? How did it work before that it uses both montserrat and awesomefont within the same label text?

Have you considered to merge glyphs from multiple fonts into a single font? For example, using a tool such such FontForge?

(I used to to create LVGL fonts with the symbols I needed and it worked for me. I didn’t actually draw new glyphs but copy/paste them).