C Code export crash

Hi,

First of all, thank you for the new Edgeline 0.3 release!

Exporting a simple project in Python works. But exporting the same project in C crashes Edgeline instantly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

Hi,

Do use Windows or Linux?

Please attach your project folder and we will try to reduce the crash.

Thank you for the quick response.

Im using Windows. Ive attached my project folder as requested.

EdgeLine.zip (27.1 KB)

Thanks.

It’s working for me. Please check that there is a codeformat_c.cfg and AStyle32.dll in the folder where EdgeLine is installed.

Please also attach Player.log from <Username>\AppData\LocalLow\LVGL Kft_\EdgeLine.

Both files are in there. After a fresh install it looks like this:

Screenshot:
Screenshot_1

Log:
Player.zip (856 Bytes)

Thanks, it’s wired that it’s working well here.

Please, try copying AStyle31.dll to
C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/astyle31.dll and try to export again.

BTW, which Windows do you use?
We have tested on Windows 10.

I have the same problem on Windows 10.
Used the uploaded example from Egzon_Isaku and tried to export C.

Player.log :
“Cannot load native library: astyle31.dll”

Tried to copy astyle31.dll as mentioned, but there is no folder “Mono” within “EdgeLine_Data”-folder.
Just created and copied dll into it, but no success.
Player.zip (870 Bytes)

Im using Windows 10. The strange thing is, its working on my home computer wich has also win10 on it. Probably just some weird windows thing again. :grin:

Thanks for the feedback!

I’ve uploaded a new version, please try it out.
Windows version: LINK

Still Crashing over here…

Also after restarting Edgeline and reopening the project, it fails to show the screen objects. it show an empty “screen” whilest all the object are listed correctly on the side.
Rebooting the computer is needed to restore functionality

That’s strange. Do you use the version from here, right?

Please, attach Player.log from <Username>\AppData\LocalLow\LVGL Kft_\EdgeLine

Yes I use that version.
Thank you for your time/reply.

Player.log states the following:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/astyle31.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/astyle31.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/astyle31
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/astyle31
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/libastyle31.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/EdgeLine/EdgeLine_Data/Mono/libastyle31.dll
Cannot load native library: astyle31.dll
The program has terminated!

Forced closing Edgeline, restarting Edgeline and opening my project, I get empty “screens” and player.log states this:

Connection closed
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
StopServer
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
Connection failed
SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor (System.String hostname, System.Int32 port) [0x0006d] in :0
at PLink.Connect (System.String iiiiiIiIIiiiIIiiIiiIiIiiiIIiIIiiIiIiIiiIIiiIiIi, System.Int32 IIiiiiiiIiIiIIIiIIIiiIiIiiIIiIiIIIIiiiiIIiiIiii) [0x00059] in <8163c676c0b24245ac33f9681390d27a>:0

StartServer

Connect to 127.0.0.1 on port 20085

After Rebooting Windows, opening my project works fine. Exporting to C gets me in this loop again.

@kisvegabor and others, anything I can do myself to resolve this issue?
Any tips are welcome… thank you in advance :slight_smile:

@kisvegabor is it something I am doing wrong?

Sorry for the late reply. Interestingly for some user astyle31.dll is not found.

Which version of windows do you use?

No worries… Glad to hear from you.

Windows 7 via bootcamp

We have tested only on win 10. Will take a look on win 7 too.

1 Like