Blinking cursor overriding Linux framebuffer

What MCU/Processor/Board and compiler are you using?

Beaglebone black / Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Newhaven 7" cape
gcc

What LVGL version are you using?

What do you want to achieve?

Hide the blinking cursor

What have you tried so far?

The LVGL application is supposed to start automatically upon boot. I have the following code in the app:
system(“chmod 777 /dev/tty1”);
system(“sudo /usr/bin/tput civis > /dev/tty1”);

To start the application automatically I tried crontab and systemd. WIth either crontab or systemd the application starts but the cursor is still visible. If I ssh into it and start the same app, the cursor is hidden.

I even tried a simple app that only hides the cursor with the above two commands and if this CursorOff app starts automatically by either crontab or systemd it does not hide the cursor. If I start it at the command prompt the cursor hides.

Do you have any suggestions on how to autostart and keep the cursor hidden?

Thank you,

Danielle

I had this issue with raspberry pi, which is also debian. You can switch of the cursor in (kernel command line) cmdline.txt file in the boot directory by add in vt.global_cursor_default=0. For beaglebone I think it is the uEnv.txt file but you have to check.
Auto startup is easier just add a crontab file with @reboot sudo /home/pi/start.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
this also suppress most console message.

Paul,

that worked, thank you!

Adding vt.global_cursor_default=0 to cmdLine in /boot/uEnv.txt hides the cursor on the Beaglebone Black.

Danielle