ARDUINO IDE example program from LVGL doesn't compile

Hi everybody, My name is Michel and I just start with LVGL. I try to use on ESP 32 Wrover, I’m using IDE Arduino 2.3.2, my display is WT32-SC01 (single module display with ESP32 Wrover attached)

I’ve downloaded the library and try the example, it doesn’t compile.

error Description:
In file included from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/lv_init.h:17,
from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\lvgl.h:24,
from d:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/lvgl.h:16,
from C:\Users\Michel Royer\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202437-15548-y28y85.12r69\LVGL_Arduino\LVGL_Arduino.ino:4:
d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/lv_conf_internal.h:59:18: fatal error: …/…/lv_conf.h: No such file or directory
#include “…/…/lv_conf.h” /Else assume lv_conf.h is next to the lvgl folder/

Solution found: I’ve renamed lv_conf_template.h to lv_conf.h
Same problem…
Then I moved the file on the previous directory and it’s now working, I will modify [#include “…/…/lv_conf.h” ] to [ #include “…/lv_conf.h” ] and it will probably work.

But it still doesn’t compile. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: the error this time is:

In file included from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/lv_init.h:17,
from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\lvgl.h:24,
from C:\Users\Michel Royer\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202437-15548-y28y85.12r69\LVGL_Arduino\LVGL_Arduino.ino:4:
d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/lv_conf_internal.h:64:120: note: #pragma message: Possible failure to include lv_conf.h, please read the comment in this file if you get errors
#pragma message(“Possible failure to include lv_conf.h, please read the comment in this file if you get errors”)
^
C:\Users\Michel Royer\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202437-15548-y28y85.12r69\LVGL_Arduino\LVGL_Arduino.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
C:\Users\Michel Royer\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202437-15548-y28y85.12r69\LVGL_Arduino\LVGL_Arduino.ino:81:20: error: invalid conversion from ‘long unsigned int ()()’ to ‘lv_tick_get_cb_t’ {aka 'unsigned int ()()’} [-fpermissive]
lv_tick_set_cb(millis);
^~~~~~
In file included from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src/misc/lv_timer.h:16,
from d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\lvgl.h:31,
d:\users\documents\arduino\libraries\lvgl\src\tick\lv_tick.h:77:38: note: initializing argument 1 of ‘void lv_tick_set_cb(lv_tick_get_cb_t)’
void lv_tick_set_cb(lv_tick_get_cb_t cb);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~

exit status 1

Compilation error: invalid conversion from ‘long unsigned int ()()’ to ‘lv_tick_get_cb_t’ {aka 'unsigned int ()()’} [-fpermissive]

Curious error for an example program??

is there anybody who can help with this error??
Thank you for your time. :slight_smile:

The same error I have as well
Nothing works for me with lvgl

Renaming conf template and move it to upper dir isnt only one condition. Too required is edit conf file… Minimum #if 0 require change to #if 1

I did everything what was requested
Only 8.3.8 works partially for me
I can’t get touch screen working with FT6336

OK, I could find a way to do it.
I don’t know if it will work with all the screen but it wworks with a WT32-SC01…
This is the code, it should give you 2 buttons, on normal and one toggle…
https://github.com/sukesh-ak/LVGL8-WT32-SC01-Arduino
I didn’t make this code but it helps me to realise this:

Thank you to all the LVGL team and to all the community for their help.

Special thanks to @TridentTD and to @Tinus :slight_smile:

Have a good day

What kind of display are you using?
LVGL version?
IDE??

if you want some help, we need some information.

Have a good day

I have ŚPI touch screen with ST7796 controller and FT6336 touch driver
I use LVGL ver 8.3.8 which is only one that works for me partially
I can’t get the touch screen working using lvgl arduino example
I test it using ESP32 dev kit