Hi LittlevGL developers,
LittlevGL has reached an important milestone. The user base of the library is rapidly growing and we need to adapt to the changes.
To sustainably continue what we began, I’ll create a company to work on LittlevGL in full time. One of my friends, a graphics designer, will also join the company.
I’m sure that having a company will open new doors and we will get great partners to make LittlevGL more available for you and new users too.
To successfully operate as a company, we will need to make a revenue. The goal is to keep LittlevGL free with MIT license and make money with:
- paid support (fast response with consultation, bugfixes)
- UI development service (design and develop your UI)
- selling boards with displays. (reference boards for LittlevGL)
- develop and sell tools and utilities
Some time is still required to make ready the agreements, create the company and finish other administrative things. The schedule looks like:
v6.1at the end of November.
- Work on
v7.0. Visually improve styles, themes, and widget in
- Start paid support service.
- Create a new website, demos, videos, and tutorials.
We were considering to change LittlevGL’s name to a more attractive one. (LittleV is my nickname translated to English, therefore, it’s not best for marketing )
Suggestions are very welcome. Bonus points if the
lv abbreviation still makes sense.