Add an rotary knob object

Hi,
I work on an GUI with STM32F746DISCO and a larger 7“ Touch TFT.
LVGL works very well!

Often i use Sliders for MIDI or Audio Control and sometimes it could be better to have a Rotary knob for adjust Audio or MIDI values => for example loudness.

A rotary knob for Parameter Control is my greatest wish for LVGL!

Best regards
Werner

2 Likes

Thank you for the idea. It’d be really useful.
I’l think about it!

With the new object designs in 7.0 it should be possible to combine both this feature request and New type of slider, any ideas? into the same object. We’d just need an option to choose the degree range of the knob.

1 Like

Hi,
I work allmost with LVGL at Applications for Musical instruments and with MIDI Control.
Take a Look at TOUCHOSC! A GUI with simple Control Elements.

https://hexler.net/products/touchosc

Best regards
Werner

2 Likes

I too really look forward to a rotary knob widget. I am in the process of designing a new synthesizer and am evaluating UI frameworks for my new design which will use a touch screen instead of physical controls. LVGL has everything I need but a rotary control so I hope it get added soon.

Thanks to all for all the hard work behind this framework.

Hi,

I agree, it’s really missing from LVGL and would be great to have. So let’s add it!

I’ve opened an issue on GitHub to discuss the details:

Feel free to join the conversation there and share your ideas. Contribution in implementation is very welcome as well! Do not afraid if you are still new to LVGL, we kindly help to get familiar with the internals of the library.

Hi,I want to know when to add the rotary knob object?

Call lv_arc_set_adjustable(arc, true) to make an adjustable arc. The rotary widget feature was merged into the arc.

Ok,thanks a lot.