Accelerate your design of high-quality displays with LVGL using NXP’s GUI Guider

We are excited to share that NXP has recently released GUI Guider — a user-friendly UI development tool that enables the rapid development of graphical displays with LVGL and NXP’s general purpose and crossover MCUs.

GUI Guider’s drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to utilize the many features of LVGL such as widgets, animations, and styles to create a GUI with minimal or no coding at all. Generated code can easily be added to an existing MCUXpresso project, allowing you to seamlessly include an embedded UI in your application.

Learn more at nxp.com/gui-guider.

7 Likes

Congrats to all the LVGL team! :100:

2 Likes

Hi,

Congratulations on the release of the GUI Guider! :tada: :tada: :tada:
I’ve just downloaded it and it was very intuitive and easy to use. I highly encourage you to try it out!

I’m so happy that NXP has chosen LVGL as the core lib of their editor. I’m also very proud to see how far we get with LVGL. A big thank you to all the contributors for being part of it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

that’s awesome!

1 Like

I was hoping for something like this for long time.

I quickly tested it and found some limitations. I would like to use a smaller resolution (176x176) and 8bpp but the minimum is 200x200 for some reason and 16bpp. Any chance that could be changed? Don’t see a big reason why it couldn’t be that way.
It would also be great if theme support were to be added, as it otherwise means that every widget needs to be modified by hand to match a look.

Other than that, really good!

Well this is fantastic. I love the look of the tool and can’t wait to give it a shot. Glad to see LVGL getting love from big players like y’all!

1 Like

More features are planned in later releases in 2021. Please keep the suggestions coming!

3 Likes

Congratulations to LVGL teams, they have done excellent work creating this library and the best part for my is that works o Linux, and GUI guider therefore also run on linux. I hope that STMicrocontroller take the same way and update TouchGFX with LVGL and run on Linux

2 Likes

I just tested it and I couldn’t expect anything better. Great job!

1 Like

I did some brief poking around. It looks really good!

I did run into an issue that a widget couldn’t have a negative position (moving it beyond the screen border). This is possible in LVGL natively.

1 Like

Wow, that looks great.

The GUI code it generated, can it be use on other controllers like ESP32, STM32, Teensy 4 ?

1 Like

GUI Guider is only available for use with NXP’s microcontrollers. We hope you try it out, and can’t wait to see what you create with LVGL!

2 Likes

Nice job! :+1: Looking forward to seeing it ported to more recent versions of LVGL! While testing this version, where would it be possible to send comments?

1 Like

Really great job! 7.4.0 is supported, and will keep up with upgrading with more recent version!

No, only with NXP’s microcontrollers.

1 Like

Teensy does use NXP Microcontrollers… so theoretically it should be supported? Why wouldn’t it be? It’d be pretty sweet if it was :slightly_smiling_face:

Any updated for ESP32 controllers? @shelby_nxp ?

Does GUI Guider support esp32? Is the code generated easy usable in esp32 projects?