100 MHz oscilloscope with Raspberry Pi PICO, LVGL v8 and Micropython

The second gnd is not really needed.
The “resistor” its in fact an inductor, to reduce noise in the vcc signal.

Hi!
Great project. I also happen to have the Olimex ADC and the Waveshare screen, so would like to directly replicate exactly what you have. My grander plan is to send data back over USB to a Web interface too.

Is your project available on GitHub or similar?

Also, looking at the hardware for the Olimex ADC, it seems to have a bizarre “front end” which limits the type of signal it can capture. How did you account for that in your posted demo?

Thanks

Hello Jools-uk,

No, the project is not on github, but the relevant part, that relevant part was the ADC80100 driver that is already posted on this thread.

About the front-end of the Olimex board, it dident care. The objective was to control ADC at max speed with the PICO and this was acheived. The final design used a custom board based on this ADC but with different frontend.

Ahhh I see.
I have some raw ADC08100 ordered exactly to place in a custom circuit with a signal conditioning front end.

Is your final design a private project, or it is also described somewhere?

Thanks!

It is a private project, but I can share with you, at least the documentation.
I cant upload here cause is 7MB, but you can download here:

In the case that somebody want to take a view to the software or hardware desing files, I uploaded to the hackaday.io page:
https://hackaday.io/project/188051-rpscope

1 Like

Thanks so much for this. And I see you made a whole new post with all the details. You covered in detail many of the concepts I’m grasping with to get a RP2040+adc08100+GUI working. Great work!