Useless whole screen refresh

Good point, I updated the dev branch to make it work without animations too.

1 Like

Thank you very much @kisvegabor
It works well.
Although the horrible refresh is solved now, there is another thing that bothers me.
When I scroll the menu fast, I can see a lag in updating the chart, which was not in ver 6. Until now I thought that it might be related to this problem but as this lag is still there seems that it’s not. what do you think about it?
Here is the ver 6, with acceptable lag in updating the chart:

And here is the ver 7 one, you can see the updating lag in chart:

PS: I checked it with both states of LV_USE_ANIMATION and I saw no difference. Not sure but even felt that disabling the animation makes it worse.

Interestingly the menu scrolling actually looks smoother in v7. Maybe it’s the same and there’s just less tearing.

1 Like

Good point👍
It seems that in ver 7, It sticks in the task of refreshing an object and then go for another object. Am i right @kisvegabor?

That logic hasn’t changed in v7. LVGL just redraws every dirty area. However, it seems in v6 the chart is still running in the background while you scroll, but in v7 it stops. So v7 might be slower here.

Anyway, how you implemented this chart? Maybe there is something to optimize there.
If you are interested in discussing it please open a new topic in the “How to” category.

Sure, thanks.

I discovered that after commit 8188440 from 8.9.2020 the lv_checkbox_set_checked(…) do not update checkbox gui element correctly.

@cmarty I think it’s fixed now, would please check it again with the latest update of the master branch.

Checked and it works OK now! Thanks.

1 Like