Update Framebuffer port to latest version

Hi, I see that the LVGL framebuffer port hasn’t been updated in a a while, and is still on the preliminary version of v7.0.0, is there a way to get the library up to date (v7.11)?

Thank you

git pull && git checkout release/v7 in all three submodule directories should do the trick.

1 Like

ah ok, thank you
will update and get back :slightly_smiling_face:

@embeddedt I seem to have a problem with the touch screen not being able to detect my input, I have used evtest and mapped the correct /dev/input/event3 path, and checked for code snippets in the forum regd. this part, my log says this everytime:

lv_indev_drv_register: no display registered hence can't attache the indev to a display

I’m also just tinkering with the standard demo, to make sure I can first get everything working and also add this code after fbdev_init();

lv_indev_drv_t indev_drv;
    lv_indev_drv_init(&indev_drv);
    indev_drv.type = LV_INDEV_TYPE_POINTER;
    indev_drv.read_cb = evdev_read;
    lv_indev_drv_register(&indev_drv);

You have to call it after the display is registered; fbdev_init just initializes the driver.

I’ve fixed that, and now touch seems to work :slightly_smiling_face:

only problem is that touch is working fine but the screen resolution isn’t working just right on the github verison of lv_port_linux_frame_buffer

once I pull the latest code, and apply the respective changes from my old one, the screen works, but the touch is completely wonky

I have atttached these two videos for reference, it shows the before and after:

before:

after:

@embeddedt I just recompiled everything and it seems to work just fine, thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face: