stm32f429+LTDC+SDRAM

Hi @vahid_ajalluian ,

Yes I have downloaded that file earlier today, but it doesn’t seem to contain a linker script file. Normally has a ‘.ld’ extension. Can you see it from with in your development environment?

Kind Regards,

Pete

Sorry,
No .ld file is created. .sct, .map and .icf file is available. Which one Should I send?

Hi @vahid_ajalluian ,

I have now managed to work out how the Keil environment does things, currently your stack and heap are both set to 1.5 Kbytes which should be sufficient for this simple start… If you need to change these later you need to edit the MDK-ARM\startup_stm32f429xx.s file.

I also have noticed some problems in your main.c file which have probably come about from cutting and pasting/trying lots of scenarios, basically you had two copies of one of the buffer variables and you initialised one of them and assigned the other to the driver, this I suspect is where the -1 issue is coming from. I am attaching a modified main.c file please drop this into your project and try it… Let me know if it works please.

Kind Regards,

Pete
main.c (16.7 KB)

Sorry,
I was away for some rest after a really hard day.
So I have tried Keil, IAR, and to be honest, wasn’t really able to compile with stm32cubeide.
The last one is able to make .ld file. I will try the file you posted.
Flash-files.zip (190.1 KB)

Hi @vahid_ajalluian,

No worries,

A quick note, sorry I forgot to remove the line:

lcd_fb = ( uint16_t*) (0xC0000000);

from the the tft_flush() function in the main.c file I attached previously, so you can go ahead and remove that as it is not required.

Kind Regards,

Pete

After a really hard day, it is enjoyable to see that your efforts are useful and not useless.
It is working now.
Thank you so much.
I regenerated the code from scratch and used all of your help.
This is the working project of mine.
Working Project
Now I wonder if LVGL TEAM would give me permission and allow me to make a hands-on guide video for ST users on how to port LVGL to this lovely UC or similars?

Sincerely yours.
Vahid Ajalluian

1 Like

Hi @vahid_ajalluian ,

That is great news! I’m glad you stuck with it. :smiley:

As far as doing a guide video I am sure that would be welcome.

I will ask @kisvegabor & @embeddedt to comment.

Kind Regards,

Pete

@vahid_ajalluian
Glad to hear that your issue is solved!

It’d be awesome if you created a video tutorial! Just please keep us updated if it’s uploaded. :slight_smile:

1 Like