Slow text updates when updating slider with lv_slider_set_value

OK your buffer is a bit on the small side and that could be some of your issue. Try using a factor of 8 instead of 10. maybe even less than that. Tinker about with it a little bit and see if you can get the performance up a little bit…

Yes you are only using one core if you are using the Arduino IDE. You would have to specifically set a FreeRTOS task to point it to the second core. You have to be careful tho because you cannot update LVGL on one core and make changes to the GUI on another. LVGL is not thread safe. You would have to use locks to keep tasks from accessing the same data objects. It gets very complicated to do.

I am more proficient in Python code then I am with C code. You are using an ESP32, you can run MicroPython instead. Easier to write code and I can tell you how to improve the performance.

You can get one of these…

They have all of the pins exposed in headers and there isn’t any wasteful crap on the display that you may not end up using. It has 8mb of memory and 4mb of flash.

I have written a display driver for it as well… That is what you saw in the video I posted.

yep! i already have one of those on my desk and my next task was to try and run the same code on it and see if it performs differently. The driver in the TFT_eSPI library uses the same SPI frequency, but I figure I can try adjusting them (both for my ILI9488 and for the WT32-SC01) and see if i get any improvement. (If I should use a driver other than the TFT_eSPI one, let me know).

But the reason that board isn’t my first choice is because I’m using a CAN interface shield for the ESP32 that I won’t be able to use with the WT32-SC01… so if the performance happens to come out way better then I may have to re-engineer some CAN bus solution that can work with the WT32-SC01.

You do realize that the ESP32 has CAN built into it… You only need a transceiver to connect to it.

It is called TWAI because CAN is actually trademarked by Bosch. TWAI = Two Wire Automotive Interface. It will also low speed SWCAN (Single Wire CAN) as well.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology-Atmel/MCP2561-H-P?qs=6qKXPk0vzx25y62gju8K7w%3D%3D

and you can make a PCB that will plug right into the back of the WT32 using KICAD and you can have the boards made by JLCPCB on the cheap, I just paid 2 bucks to have 5 boards made, with fast shipping it came to just under 20 bucks for the 5 PCBs. No need to use SPI or anything like that and the CAN that is built into the ESP will only use 2 pins. You can optionally connect the BUS sleep pin and also the bus wake pin to notify the ESP that there is no coms on the bus or that the bus has become active.

That video I posted is actually a build I am doing for an electric water pump/variable speed radiator fan controller for my project vehicle. I am also in the process of making an IPC replacement that will be a full blown HMI for the car. Everything from GPS to Blueteeth, parking sensors, lane assist, transparent OLED HUD and birds eye view cameras with backup guides that show the path the vehicle is going to take. Fully integrated into the vehicle using the OE HSCAN and SWCAN networks that are in the car.

I reverse engineered the data on the vehicle and even added in a plethora of advanced diagnostics as well. I set up an MITM using a 2 channel USB CAN interface to capture the traffic between an OE diagnostic tool and the vehicle.

yep. very very aware. this is what I am using now.

Nice boards… congrats.

OK so what you have is not really a CAN interface shield. It is only the transceiver?? I have not seen any kind of a “shield” or “hat” for the EWP that was only the transceiver. They are usually an interface IC and a transceiver and typically requires an SPI connection to work…

What is nice about using the one that is onboard for the ESP is the 80mHz clock. That means it is able to work pretty much with any CAN speed. I have bought the SPI CAN interface boards before only to find out that they only put an 8mHz oscillator on the thing so I wasn’t able to get the full range of bitrates. I ended up having to buy a bag of 16mHz oscillators and replace the ones that were on the boards in order to get the full range of CAN speeds and even at 16mHz it still wasn’t enough to cover the entire range of speeds.

640a576d32146750806468

yes it is a shield that is only the transceiver and a power regulator.