Rotary encoder weird behaviour

Description

I am using a rotary encoder as an input for switching between screens, but once I leave the main screen, it is possible to select objects that are outside of that particular screen.

What MCU/Processor/Board and compiler are you using?

Arduino ESP32S3

What do you want to achieve?

Only being able to focus/select objects that are visible on that screen.

What have you tried so far?

I’m tried wrestling with focus and groups but I can’t get it to work properly.

In-depth description

I made the UI with squareline studio and ported it to arduino.
I used the following code for creating a group for being able to focus objects:

void init_lv_group() {
   lv_group = lv_group_create();
   lv_group_set_default(lv_group);

lv_indev_t *cur_drv = NULL;
   for (;;) {
     cur_drv = lv_indev_get_next(cur_drv);
     if (!cur_drv) {
       break;
     }

if (cur_drv->driver->type == LV_INDEV_TYPE_ENCODER) {
       lv_indev_set_group(cur_drv, lv_group);
     }
   }
 }

This code is called before the ui_init(); function generated by squareline.

I have a main screen with 2 buttons to select a submenu/subscreen, I can only select the object that are visible on that screen. (So it works fine).

Once I move to a submenu I’m able to select objects that are outside of that particular screen (So objects from other screens). So the selection goes all funny.

I tried to add the objects of that screen to a group and removed the objects outside of the screen from the group but I can’t seem to get it working. (I did this in the button released event function).

I also tried using focus turn on and turn off but that also doesn’t affect it.

Any tips on how to solve it? I tried searching for examples with multiple screens and a rotary encoder, but the results are very limited unfortunately. All examples are welcome!

Little bug?

At first I tried to return to the main menu when the button is pressed/released (without turning the rotary encoder first, purely a clicked event on the screen), but when I do this I get a weird rendering bug in which a lot of copies of the screen are rendered on top of each other. It looks very similar as to if you have a long mouse trail enabled on your pc. And at the end of the rendering it stays at the same screen. Is this maybe a rendering bug or are you simply not allowed to do this?

Did you ever resolve this? I have the exact same issue.

Nope, can’t fix the issue. I made an UI myself from scratch without the squareline studio.

Showed init func is little complicated and default group isnt right for all use.
Normal is create more groups and swith on one indev or regenerate one group on screen/panel loads. Regen is call erase all from group and add required objects…