Problem with esp32 port

Hi,
I just rebuilt lv_micropython from scratch using the latest version. I use idf4.4_py3.10 to compile.
Compilation works without problems, but when I try to connect to the ESP32 I see Guru Meditation Error: Core 0 panic’ed (StoreProhibited). Exception was unhandled.
Any idea what the problem can be?

Hi Uli!

lv_micropython is aligned to Micropython v1.18.

It was tested with esp-idf v4.0.2 and some commit just before v5.0-dev (142bb32c50fa9875b8b69fa539a2d59559460d72):

Could you try these?

If it still happens with these esp-idf versions, could you provide a backtrace?
To parse the backtrace you can pass the the hex values to xtensa-esp32-elf-addr2line, like this:

xtensa-esp32-elf-addr2line -aipfC -e ./ports/esp32/build-GENERIC_SPIRAM/application.elf 0x... ... ..

Hi Amir,
Many thanks for the continuing support!
I tried the pre 5.0 dev version and when doing so, I found that it required a different version of the xtensa compiler (esp-2021r1-8.4.0 instead of esp-2021r2-patch3-8.4).
I installed the resulting firmware and the error is gone.
I do not know if the esp-idf version or the new xtensa compiler produces the problem.
This week I will have to give an IoT tutorial at the African Internet summit and I wanted to write a few demo programs with lv_micropython to show off. For this, I now have all I need.
Thanks again

Good luck in the summit!