Objects and styles: a recap document?

Hi all,

A real world situation. I am doing a page object, and I need a scrollbar there. Great, it comes automatically; LV_SCRLBAR_MODE_AUTO is default.

But then, I’d like to tune the scrollbar a little. Put some offset to have it outside the page area, maybe adjust color, thickness, transparency…

X-offset was easy, I recalled having found it out some time ago:
lv_obj_set_style_local_pad_right(page, LV_PAGE_PART_SCROLLBAR, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, -3);

Now, what I’d like to have is a list of objects and their style properties. I have now studied the online docs maybe half an hour and still cannot figure out how to adjust the scrollbar thickness…

What do you think? Am I the only one with my thoughts? :blush:

Cheers! Köszönöm!

There’s a couple different ways to figure this out:

1 Like

Thank you @embeddedt!

I wonder how I have missed the “parts and styles” section (or forgot it exists at all). There they are… Luckily enough you have the word “should” there :grin:

Apparently I still have a long journey ahead to get LvGL API into my spinal cord.

Again, thanks a lot - feeling a little ashamed :slight_smile:

No problem - I’ve also only been reading in depth about the new style system for the last two weeks or so.

1 Like

I hope not because it’s that complicated. :sweat_smile:

If you feel some parts or ambiguous, please let me know.

1 Like

@kisvegabor, despite we share a kindred language, in ancient times you Puszta habitants chose for the sun - and I think at the same time you got the mathematical and logical talents too :sweat_smile: We went for north, and that was a mistake!

So, please give me some time to understand this all, my brain is considerably slower when compared to an average Hungarian one … So imagine how slow it is when compared to yours :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Greetings from Finland :smiley:

I can’t stop laughing :smiley:

I think if it’s too complicated than it’s a sing of my bad way of thinking :smiley:

Well … not necessarily. It could be the recipient too. Really!

However, I’m slowly getting familiar with this quite astonishing piece of software! Should you ever establish an LvGL imperium, I might apply for an FAE position :wink: Could I do it remotely? Oh well, a little travelling to the HQ doesn’t harm, I love gulyás and pálinka :heart_eyes: Stock options, please?

:smiley:
Finally, we just created the company for LVGL and sooner or later we will need some more people. Are you really interested in it? Knowing gulyás and pálinka is a huge advantage. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, thoughts around this are maybe something not to be said publicly :blush:

I might get back to you on this by e.g. email!

Congratulations for the new company! The world really needs this after all overpriced mammoth packages!

Looking forward to your email :slight_smile: