Lvgl+micropython+pico

Hi,
I am trying to build (on mac) lv_micropython rp2 port following steps from rp2.yml and it builds ok, except linker warnings about missing newlib stubs(see below). I haven’t tested resulting firmware yet. I am curious what newlib is doing there and is there any risk in ignoring these warnings… firmware.uf2 also looks a bit big at 1.7 Mbytes ?

[100%] Linking CXX executable firmware.elf

/Applications/ArmGNUToolchain/11.3.rel1/arm-none-eabi/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /Applications/ArmGNUToolchain/11.3.rel1/arm-none-eabi/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp/libc.a(libc_a-closer.o): in function `_close_r’:

/Volumes/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/closer.c:47: warning: _close is not implemented and will always fail

/Applications/ArmGNUToolchain/11.3.rel1/arm-none-eabi/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /Applications/ArmGNUToolchain/11.3.rel1/arm-none-eabi/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp/libc.a(libc_a-lseekr.o): in function `_lseek_r’:

/Volumes/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/lseekr.c:49: warning: _lseek is not implemented and will always fail

To answer my own question. Right now gcc 11.3 is a way to go(11.2 has issues with TinyUSB and beyond). Ubuntu docker image is the best starting point to get a clean compile and link (including newlib).
BTW - submodules build doesn’t pick up custom boards properly so run PICO build first. And yes, 1.7 mb is the right size.