Ability to select how black/white pixels are interpreted in the frame buffer

I’m using LVGL with Zephyr, which prevents me from directly modifying the display driver or LVGL code without breaking modularity. Almost all monochrome reflective/transflective and e-paper displays interpret 0s as white and 1s as black — the inverse of LVGL’s logic. I found a workaround by setting dark theme active and creating macros for lv_color_white (LV_COLOR_BLACK) and lv_color_black (LV_COLOR_WHITE) but this introduces a layer of ambiguity in the code itself and with respect to LVGL sim prototyping. From what I can see, it doesn’t look like there is a direct option to “swap” white and black pixels without kludging yet. I understand that LVGL isn’t primarily intended for monochrome displays, but given that it offers support for them and is the only upstream graphics library provided by Zephyr, I believe this is a valid concern.

Hi,

Can’t you do something like this?

#define BLACK lv_color_hex(0xffffff);
#define WHITE lv_color_hex(0x000000);

lv_obj_set_style_bg_color(obj, BLACK, 0);

Other than that, a not too hack solution could be to get the flush_cb of the display that Zephyr created, set you own flush_cb in which you invert the colors (should be fast for a small display:
for(...) {color_p[i] = ~color_p[i]; } ) and call the original flush_cb in the end.

Manually defining black/white is what I have currently implemented in FW, along with setting dark theme so the other style variables are adjusted accordingly. I’m not sure if there’s an easy way to modify the flush_cb function without changing upstream code or creating a full wrapper for the original driver library.